The EAMHID Dissertation Award is given for an outstanding research contribution to the field of mental health and intellectual disability.
Applications for the Dissertation Award should be sent directly to Trine Lise Bakken (chair of the committee) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is September 1., 2021.
The award committee rates dissertations on the basis of:
(Addressing important scientific questions, insightful theoretical and empirical rationale, methodological and ethical care by which the research is conducted, thoughtfulness of interpretation)
(Well-written, publishable or published in top journals in the field)
Value of findings for supporting better mental health in persons with intellectual disabilities
(Potential or demonstrated impact on the field, response from clients, professionals, policy makers, public)
Participation of people with intellectual disabilities and / or their families
(Impact for persons with intellectual disabilities is clearly emphasized, or participation / included as co-researchers or responders if possible)
The award committee only considers applications meeting the following criteria:
- The dissertation is nominated by the advisor or chair of the PhD-candidate’s dissertation committee.
- A letter of support for the candidate by the advisor or chair of the PhD-candidate’s dissertation committee.
- A summary, in English, of the actual research, being a maximum of 1500 words excluding references.
- An explanation of why the candidate believes this dissertation should receive the award.
- A CV of the applicant
- All materials should be submitted in pdf-format
- Non-English dissertations may be nominated if accompanied by at least one English article published or accepted in a peer-refereed international scientific journal written by the student as first author.
All correspondence regarding the nominations should be directed to Trine Lise Bakken (email@example.com / phone +47 41531160)
Dissertations are only eligible if the defense has taken place between May 2019 and Sept 2021.
The award winner will be announced at the last plenary meeting of the conference.
In addition to the award certificate, the winner will be offered five years fee EAMHID membership.